Fruitbat Factory is proud to present:
Featuring an original battle system where players will have to puzzle out the true identity of the enemy before defeating them, 99 Spirits is first published in Japan on Comiket 82 in August 2012 as the first release of TORaIKI. The story revolves around the real Japanese legends of “Tsukumogami”, where everyday objects come alive on their 100th birthday.
Hanabusa is a young headstrong girl living in the Heian capital within medieval Japan. But when her mother is slain by evil spirits, her life turns into one of vengeance as she sets out to hunt and destroy the spirits.
During Hanabusa’s travels, she meets a white fox who turns out to be a servant of the mountain god. Hanabusa receives a special sword passed down from her mother, which gives her the ability to see the true forms of spirits to help slay them. Shortly after, a spirit claiming to be Hanabusa’s long-lost father, Hidetada, breaks her sword and leaves Hanabusa powerless and confused.
Now to mend her broken sword and learn the truth about her father, Hanabusa embarks on a journey to annihilate every last one of the evil spirits.
The full game will feature:
– Over 10 hours of playtime in an RPG that mixes intense puzzles with fast paced action
– Work out the true identity of your enemies in a unique battle system
– Capture enemy spirits and turn them into allies
– Interact with over 40 unique characters that impact your journey
– Battle over 100 monsters and master a vast variety of skills
– Maintain your equipment and combat hunger as you traverse different regions
– Beautifully detailed art and an atmospheric original soundtrack bring feudal Japan alive
99 Spirits is planned to be released on PC (Windows) in early 2013. Its homepage is open for visitors with the first few pages ready for viewing. We’ll be gradually adding more pages, keep your eyes peeled.